Do you like playing chess? If so are you ready to try a different type of chess? One that allows you to battle more that one opponent at once? Sounds good? Then join the fun with Megachess.io and test your skills against other players who are just as enthusiastic as you are about winning. Megachess.io is a battle royale game so make sure you're the last player standing. So a new type of chess sounds great but how do you play it? Here are the rules of the game, learn and master them to be the best Megachess player:
- Instead of a normal turn, turns are timed at 25 seconds each.
- Pawns are omnidirectional (but can still only take diagonally.)
- Bishops can, once per piece, move horizontally or vertically 1 square (because they start on the same color)
- You don't have to actually make a move like you do in real chess.
- Checkmate doesn't mean you lose either, you must actually take a king (or have your king taken) to beat a player.
- When you take a king you get all the pieces that the king once ruled over and thus you can grow a mighty and powerful army!
- During your turn, you can move a minimum of 4 times (each time with a separate piece) and up to a maximum of 16 times – receiving an extra move for every 4 pieces you gain over the initial 16 you are given.
- En Passant and Castling are not part of this game.
- Pawns can not be promoted in this game either. First, because the edge of the board is so far away and secondly because pieces can be acquired by other means.
- At the top of the screen is the turn clock. It cycles from black to white, when its white all the light-colored pieces can move and when its dark all the darker pieces move. Be careful trying to get that last turn in or your pieces might be knocked off the board when the other team starts moving.
- Tons of fun to play online
- Good looking graphics